- When you visit the website, we may collect information about you which may not personally identify you but which may be helpful for improving the operation of the website. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “Cookies”, “IP addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet. We use them to:
- Collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website;
- Compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. Number of visitors and the pages they visit
- temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as demonstrations on our website; and
- In some cases, remember information about you when you visit our website.
We may need to do this to provide some of our services.
We use three types of cookie:
Session cookies – these are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
Persistent/permanent cookies – these are stored on your computer until they expire or you remove them.
Persistent cookies store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
Third party cookies – we work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your computer. However it would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand. We also work with third parties to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions on third party websites. Again, the cookie would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.
Choices and further information about cookies
You can configure your web browser to tell you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you can decide whether to accept or reject it. Please refer to your internet browsers help section for specific instructions. The following website at http://allaboutcookies.org/ is provided by an industry body that has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
- We may also collect personal data from you through the website when you request information such as publications and other products and services from the website. The personal data which we collect will be processed for the purpose of fulfilling your requests. It may also be retained by us for our general research purposes.
At the time you provide your information, you will be informed of the choices you can make about our relationship and the information we may, from time to time, wish to send to you, and the method by which you may receive such information. You may notify us at any time if you wish to cease receiving this further information by informing your usual contact.
In addition, we may transfer your data to selected third parties where this is necessary in order to provide you with the information which you have expressed an interest in. Such third parties will be held by us to a duty of confidentiality towards your information. By proceeding with your request, you expressly authorize us to transfer your data to such third parties.
- As a means of processing your personal data for the purposes set out above, we may, if deemed appropriate, send the information which you provide to us to other members of the group located anywhere in the world where the group does business. We implement various security measures in relation to our processing and transfer of personal data. However, the nature of the internet and open emails communications is such that any data in ordinary emails may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorized persons.
- For details of how we process your personal information, please also refer to any other product and services terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you in addition to any specific data collection notices where you may provide us with your personal information on this website.
If you wish to access the personal data we hold about you, please contact JDW Financial Group.